Labels

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Weight Watchers

I have three major goals this year:

  • Spending only $250.00 per month on food, toiletries and paper goods
  • Creating a bigger and better vegetable garden
  • and most importantly, work on becoming healthier
I have always, always struggled with my weight.  About 10 years ago I lost 100 pounds with Weight Watchers and then gained about 70 pounds back.  Five years ago I had a lap band put in...while I try not to ever "regret" decisions ~ I wish I had not done this.  I did lose 80 pounds.  However...my weight has crept back up and I have gained 50+ pounds in the last couple of years.

I have had most of the "filling" taken out of my lap band due to pretty severe acid reflux issues so the band no longer offers me any "resistance" or the feeling of fullness to foods that I eat.

Time for Weight Watchers and a new attitude about food.  I join WW last Thursday and officially started yesterday ~ Friday the 13th!  I am not ready to announce my current weight or how many points I can eat per day...but I will share more as this journey moves along.

Here is what I ate for lunch yesterday:


Tuna (with mayo!) on w/w bread with some lettuce and tomaotoes.  A carrot and some sweet/salty mini rice cakes rounded it out.  It was good and filling. 
11 points plus.


Here is my new favorite kitchen gadget ~ TopChips chip maker by Mastrad.  http://www.shopmastrad.com/

It really works.  You cut up the raw potato (can be peeled or unpeeled), place it on this platform and cook in the microwave for about 3 1/2 minutes.  When done, you get crispy potato chips without any oil.  We do lightly salt the potatoes prior to cooking.  Yum!  I can have a whole potato worth of chips for about 3 points.  Ahhh...heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment