Labels

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gardening Season has Begun!

Today I played in the dirt a bit...my fingers loved it!  I planted some Walla Walla Sweets and some Red Bull Hybrid onion seeds.  I have always bought my onions as starts...so this is a new experiment for me.  I placed them on a heat pad and I hope to see them emerge in a couple of weeks.


My seeds arrived this week from Territorial Seed Company
http://www.territorialseed.com/
Thanks my favorite oldest daughter for a great Christmas present!


Bought a couple of bags of seed starting mix...getting closer to planting those seeds!


Ohhh..isn't that some purtty dirt?


Here's my Walla Walla's...every Washington garden should have some of these growing.


And here are the red onions.  Not sure how these will turn out but I got them for their long shelf life...which the Walla Walla's do not have.


And here they sit, in the sunniest spot I have with their bottoms being gently warmed by the warming pad.  Grow babies grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment