Labels

Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Tasty Treat

Friday was another snow day!  I decided to stay home with my favorite youngest daughter and enjoy what will most likely be the last snow day for the year (I hope!).


First off  ~ catch up on blogs.  I was reading one of my favorite blogs: http://www.onehundreddollarsamonth.com and she had a fun recipe for making snow cones.  I had Kool Aid and I had about a foot of snow...so I made it.  It was enjoyed by all of us!  I actually couldn't believe I had any Kool Aid...and actually dug up 3 packages.  My favorite youngest daughter chose grape.




A big bowl of snow from the front yard (the back yard would be to dangerous since it is our dogs play ground!)


The finished syrup...yummy and grapey



And my baby enjoying the final outcome.  It was pretty tasty!

Snow Cone Syrup
1 Packet Kool Aid
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
Combine the Kool Aid, sugar and water in a saucepan and cook over medium heat and bring to a boil.  Stir until sugar and Kool Aid are dissolved.  Remove from heat and cool.  Once cool, spoon it over the non-yellowed snow.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment