Labels

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stockpile Cooking

Tonight for dinner I made chicken enchiladas with white sauce...and made my hubby VERY happy!


The pictures don't do this dish justice...but take my word for it ~ delish!



Chicken Enchiladas with White Sauce
 
2 whole chicken breast, cooked and cubed (or shredded)
1 pound of Monterey jack cheese, grated (or any cheese you have on hand)
1 (3 oz.) can mild chopped green chilies (I used the 7 oz. can)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (or whatever cream soup you have on hand)
1 pint sour cream
½ pound cheddar cheese, grated
1 dozen flour tortillas

Mix together green chilies, sour cream and cream soup.  Spoon some of this mixture on the bottom of a greased 9 x 13” pan.  Top with tortillas.  I cut the tortillas in half and use enough to cover the bottom completely.  Place chicken on top of the tortillas and a couple spoonful’s of the cream sauce.  Cover with ½ the shredded cheeses and then top with another layer of tortillas.  Spread the remainder of the sauce on top of the tortillas and top with the remainder of the cheese.   Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. 

NOTE:  tonight I made these using a combination of chicken and leftover turkey.  I added a sautéed onion as well.  I used an Italian blend cheese in place of the Monterey jack…since that is what I had and I used less of the cheddar cheese.  This is a great meal to make using items that are on hand as well as using up leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment