Labels

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Weight Watchers Update and a Great Veggie Burger

I lost 7 pounds this week...woo hoo!  I made a much better effort this past week by journaling everyday.  I have lost a total of 11.6 pounds so far.  What I have learned is that I need to feel satisfied...a green salad for dinner doesn't cut it!  With journaling I am able to plan my day and make a menu that works for me.  I have also eaten 5+ fruits and vegetables 5 out of the 7 past days.  Next up?  Regular exercise. 

One drawback with losing 11.6 pounds?  I lost a daily point...

Here is a veggie burger that I call a hummus burger.  I am not a bean eater but I LOVE these burgers as does my hubby.  My favorite oldest daughter loves them too...but not my favorite youngest daughter ~ which is a big surprise.  She took 3 big bites and then she was allowed to make a peanut butter sandwich ~ it is like negotiating with a 5 year old sometimes.  :)





Veggie Burger aka Hummus Burger







Veggie Burger aka Hummus Burger

3/4 cup onions, chopped
3/4 cup carrots, chopped
3/4 cup red pepper, chopped
2 cups garbanzo beans
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1¼ tsp. cumin
1¼ tsp. dried parsley
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1½ tsp. bread crumbs

Finely chop the onions, carrots and red pepper in a food processor.  Remove veggies from processor and set aside in a mixing bowl.  Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans.  Place garbanzo beans and eggs in the food processor and pulse, approximately 15 seconds until they are slightly mashed.  Add mashed garbanzo beans/egg mixture, spices and bread crumbs to the chopped vegetables.  Mix thoroughly.  Form mixture into 1/3 cup balls, and then pat into patty size shapes.  Place on a baking pan and cook at 350° for 15 minutes.   Top with the Spicy Lemon Mayonnaise sauce along with veggies of your choice.


Spicy Lemon Mayonnaise

1/2 cup mayonnaise (light)
1/4 garlic powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. lemon juice

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.  Chill and cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment