Labels

Saturday, June 30, 2012

2 Pizza's for under $9.00...

Pizza is a weekly event around our house...and because of that, I had to learn to make pizza for cheap.  Thanks to Winco...I can make one thin crust pizza (my hubby's favorite) AND one thick crust pizza (my favorite youngest daughter's favorite) for a total of $8.52.  This is enough pizza to stuff ourselves silly for dinner and have some for lunch the next day...unless your favorite youngest daughter and her friend raid the fridge for a midnight snack; then what's left is quickly grabbed by the hubby for his lunch leaving me without one bite of leftover pizza.  Doesn't seem fair does it?  Next time I make it, I am hiding the leftovers deep, deep, deep in the fridge and am eating every single bite myself!


I drizzle olive oil on the bottom of each pan and then add the dough.  I then pre-bake them for about 10 minutes in a preheated 425-450 degree oven.  I find that by baking the dough off for a bit...the crust is much firmer and doesn't get soggy from the toppings.


Next up ~ I used some Ragu pasta sauce that I stocked up on when it was 49 cents a jar.  Then came some shredded cheese and pepperoni.  On the thin crust I added some red onions and olives as well. 


All baked and ready to eat...so yummy!


Cost Breakdown:

Dough (Winco) ~ $1.48 each (I used two)
Cheese ~ $3.00
Pepperoni (Winco) ~ $1.28
Olives (Winco) ~ 78 cents
Onion ~ 25 cents
Ragu Sauce ~ 25 cents (I used 1/2 a jar which cost 49 cents)

Total for both pizza's ~ $8.52.

No comments:

Post a Comment