Labels

Monday, May 23, 2011

Albertsons and Swagbucks = some great deals this week!

The past two days have been very fun shopping experiences.  Yesterday's paper (Sunday) came with Albertsons double coupons...I had 15 of those little coupons and decided to use them to get the best deals possible.

Cassidy will KILL me when she sees this picture on my blog!
My first transaction involved 15 bottles of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce...our very favorite BBQ sauce.  Normally $2.99 a bottle...it was on sale for $1.00 BUT I got 5 $1.00/3 coupons that could be doubled.  I ended up getting each bottle for 33 cents!  In this same transaction I got 4 packages of the Rhodes Frozen Rolls...normally $2.99 each but on sale for $2.00 each.  I had quite a few $1.00/1 coupons...which I doubled so I got these for totally free.  Retail for this first transaction would have been $56.81...and I paid $5.00!...NOTE:  I did NOT clear the shelves by buying 15 bottles of Rays...Albertsons stocked up well and had a very large stock pile of this particular product.

Transaction number 2:  (Albertsons only allows the usage of 9 double coupons per transactions...that is why I have to do multiple transactions.)  I bought 2 brownie mixes and 1 package of the Rhodes Frozen Rolls.  Retail = $9.37...I paid zero, zilch, nothing!

All this  = $2.80 OOP
Transaction number 3: (I had to go to a different Albertsons because Lake Stevens was out of the product I wanted).  On this transaction I was able to use an overage which was really exciting.  I had (3) $1.00 off coupons for Franks Redhot Sauce...which I could double.  The sauce was on sale for $1.49 but with the double coupons...I earned 51 cents on each bottle.  I was then able to apply that overage to some produce I needed:  lettuce, cabbage, radishes and carrots...paying a total of $2.80!  Full retail would have been $9.20. 

Full Retail Value of all three transactions = $75.38, I paid $7.80...a 89% savings!

My supportive hubby!
I then came home and in my mailbox were 6 jars of Skippy peanut butter that I was able to get delivered to me, from Amazon.com, for only 81 cents.  HOW?  I used my Swagbucks.  In the past month I have been able to earn $15.00 in Amazon.com gift cards (and by tomorrow I will have earned another $5.00).  This is pretty exciting for me.  I will talk more about Swagbucks in a future post...for now, I think I have bragged enough for one night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment