Labels

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Christmas in February (for me at least)


It was like Christmas in February today!  Let me start off by saying that this month has been impossible for me to keep on budget with my groceries.  I have not been taking advantage of stocking up on items with coupons so I am paying more and getting less for my money.
We ran out of cheese and sugar last week and I told my family that we weren’t buying any groceries until payday ~ which is the last day of the month for us.  My hubby and I only get paid once a month…and sometimes we need to get creative to stretch the dollars.

However…happy day today!  I received my Costco rebate check in the mail.  Never have I been so happy to see $77.20 in my life.  So off to Costco we went.  Before starting our shopping…we of course had to have a Costco dinner.  4 hotdogs, 3 pops and a churro…all for a whopping $7.60!  Where can three people get full for under $8.00 total?
Next up, my favorite youngest daughter grabbed her phone, brought up the calculator app and started keeping track of the dollars we were spending.  I did not want to go over $77.20

We bought duck treats (for the dogs), bacon bits, powder sugar, brown sugar, 2 gallons of milk, pancake mix, cinnamon, taco seasoning, vanilla, 10# sugar, bananas (can’t go to Costco without buying bananas), granola bars, 2# of cheddar cheese and 2 dozen eggs.

Total Retail:                     $85.96
Coupons Used:            <$6.00>                                        

Rebate Coupon:          <$77.20>
Total Paid:                        $2.76

It was so exciting that we then decided to get a hot fudge sundae (with nuts) at McDonalds for a total price of $3.88 (that is all it cost for 3 sundaes!)  It was a night that was perfect for my frugalistic heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment