Labels

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Cauliflower and Broccoli Seeds in the Dirt


Tonight I got a flat of cauliflower and broccoli planted.  They are watered, sitting on a heating pad and are being “sunned” by a grow light.  Sounds like a nice life to me! 

Last year I lost all my broccoli and cauliflower starts because I planted the starts without “hardening” them off...it was a major brain freeze on my part.  I also planted them later last year...but I just read that in my area (Lake Stevens, WA) they can go in the ground beginning now.  I hope to have them planted in the garden in about 8 weeks.

So far I have two different onion seeds started (about 2 weeks ago) and the broccoli and cauliflower now planted (these seeds also came from Territorial Seed Company).  Now I need to get working on what I will be planting next...I am a little behind on my planning.

Seeds planted today:
Broccoli ~ Hybrid Broccoli Blend...containing four different seeds:  Everest, Express, Southern Comet and Belstar.

Cauliflower:  Amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment