Labels

Friday, July 22, 2011

My Garden is Growing Despite the Rain!

While most of the country is sweltering in record breaking heat...those of us living in western Washington are experiencing one of the wettest and coldest Summers that many of us can remember.  Our Spring was the same...so it feels like it has been a VERY long fall/winter.  However, my garden continues to grow and if there is one blessing about the rain...I haven't had to water once this season.  Here is a look at my garden:
Today I drove by Lowe's and found some strawberry plants on clearance ~75 cent a piece. 
They might look a bit neglected now...but I anticipate eating strawberries out of my garden next year!

A sea of potatoes...a couple more months and I will have a stockpile of potatoes!
I threw some seeds in the ground last fall...didn't record what it was but it now looks
like I am growing some sort of cabbage.  The heads are not getting big or firm...so not sure what to do.
I have been so envious of bloggers talking about their harvesting of zucchini's...but I see that soon I will be too.
Zucchini bread in the freezer...here I come.  Found a blogger that adds fresh blueberries to their bread.  Yum!

This is the coolest thing.  My mom brought me an artichoke plant for mother day...and it is growing
three artichokes on it.  I have never, ever grown these but I will from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment