Labels

Monday, April 30, 2012

Four weeks ago I had a total knee replacement.  I feel like life is just starting to get back to normal.  Today I went back to work...though I am only working 1/2 days for a couple of weeks.  I am also chomping at the bit to get some gardening done.  Unfortunately, I will be limited in my gardening activities for a couple of months...no getting on my hands and knees and digging in the dirt.  Fortunately, I have a son-in-law and a couple of daughters that will be helping me out in the garden...though I don't sense a whole lot of excitment on their end! 

Oh well!

Today I moved most of my starts into the greenhouse...I am so hoping that they don't die!  It has warmed up here so I think they will be safe.  Here is what is out in the greenhouse now:

Impatiens...if you look closely you can see small flower buds!

These are my miniature red pepper plants.  I will soon be repotting
these in some big plastic pails.  I am going to keep these in the greenhouse
and hope that it works.  With our climate in Everett, WA...it normally does
not get hot enough for long enough to produce good peppers.  Maybe growing
them in the greenhouse will do the trick.

My tomato plants are now in the greenhouse and getting "hardened" off. 
Most of these plants will be going into the garden in a few weeks but I am also
going to grow a few in the greenhouse...to see what happens. 
I love experimenting.

My cucumbers...these are designed to grow specifically in a
greenhouse.  I will be planting another container of these tomorrow.

Here's how the greenhouse looked tonight.  By the end of the week
there will be more plants added and changes made...stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment