Labels

Friday, November 18, 2011

Shopping Deals!

Couponing has taken over my entire game table.  This weekend I vow to contain the clutter.  Couponing does take time...no doubt about that but so far the payoffs have been worth it.  I am still stocking a lot to get a head start for next year...when I plan to only spend $250.00 a month for all groceries...including all food, toiletries and paper goods.  It is a challenge that I am going to work hard to achieve.  Here are some good buys from today:

I LOVE Swagbucks!  By earning Swagbucks, I am able to trade them in for gift cards.  I recently earned $25.00 worth of gift cards from Amazon.com.  By using $10.00 of those gift cards towards these six containers of peanut butter...I only paid $2.21 out of pocket for all this peanut butter...yahoo!  I LOVE free or nearly free food!

<><>

Target had this dog food on sale for $6.17 and $6.49 each...and I had a $4.00 coupon so I only paid $2.17 each for three of these bags and $2.49 each for the other two.  This will feed my two yorkies for 4 to 5 months...and cost just over $11.00 which is about a 60% savings...not too bad!


Here is a perfect recipe for the holidays...this past week I baked 100 cupcakes and today I frosted them for the gals I work with.  They are delicious.  When I made them for the first time, my favorite youngest daughter made a face of disgust when I told her what they were...but one bite was all she needed.  My entire family loved them.  So...here is the recipe.  These would be great to make for a holiday gathering.

Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes (courtesy of www.bettycrocker.com)

1/2  cup finely chopped pecans
3 tablespoons sugar
                                           
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4  eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
                                                                                         
 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.  In heavy 8-inch nonstick skillet, cook pecans and 2 tablespoons of the sugar over low heat about 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted. Spoon and spread pecans onto sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar; toss.
In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full). 
Bake 19 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack.  Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tblsp. butter, at room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tblsp. meringue (optional)
Whip all ingredients until light and fluffy.  Note:  I would use Philadelphia Cream Cheese.  I tried this recipe with a store brand cream cheese and it was not as firm.
Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with the candied nuts.  Note:  I used sugared walnuts...and yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment