Labels

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Favorite Time of the Year

After a VERY wet and cold Spring and Summer...Summer weather has finally hit our area the past couple of weeks.  We are currently experiencing hot days that are reaching 80+ degrees.  The best part is that it is cooling off wonderfully at night. 

I have been busy cutting back my tomatoes so that I hopefully will end up with some red tomatoes.  My plants are loaded but they are all green...EXCEPT one...that just turned orange today.  I have been told to cut back the non-producing stems in order for more energy to go to the tomatoes...I hope it works. I just found a fabulous recipe for roasted tomato sauce ~ and I really want to load my freezer up.

Speaking of recipes ~ Kelsea made dinner tonight.  She found the recipe on www.skinnytaste.com and it used some of the zucchini that I have growing.  It was delicious.  The recipe can be found here:  http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/chicken-rollatini-stuffed-with-zucchini.html

The items needed...please note that we did use bottled lemon juice and not fresh
since this is what we had on hand.  Still tasted yummy!

Kelsea, with her pretty finger nails, cleaning up the chicken.

Cassidy girl pounding out the chicken breast.

A pan full of zucchini, garlic and cheese being cooked together.

A work of art!

No comments:

Post a Comment